Welcome to Operation G.I.F.T. for the 2015 Spring Break
The Group Initiative For Theft-prevention (GIFT) is a crime prevention campaign designed to eliminate theft of and from motor vehicles within the surrounding USC community during the winter break. If you are planning to leave the USC area during the break, this might be the perfect GIFT for you. Our objective is to eliminate the opportunity of theft from vehicles by removing vehicles from the public streets and open private parking lots.
OUR GIFT TO YOU
The USC Department of Public Safety (DPS) and USC Transportation offers free airport shuttle service and free parking in the University Park Campus Parking Center (UPX) and the Health Sciences Campus Lot 71. Here's how:
LAX SHUTTLE SERVICE (Closed)
USC Transportation Services offers shuttle service to the Los Angeles Airport (LAX). There will be no return service from the airport. To arrange service from LAX, please contact Primetime Shuttle (800) 733-8267 and ask for the USC 10% discount (promotional code: 387145). You may also use the USC Yellow Cab service (800) USC-TAXI. Discretionary cards are accepted.
Parking is available at the UPC Parking Center (UPX) and the HSC Lot 71 to faculty, staff, and students during:
- Thursday, March 12, 2015 after 2pm through Monday, March 23, 2015 until 12 noon.
- There are a limited number of available parking spaces.
Register for free parking by clicking on the red button (below). This link will take you to the USC portal. If you are using a laptop or iPad, you will need to use the USC wireless network called USC Secure Wireless to access the form. You will be required to enter your USC username and password. If you are not in the USC area, you will need to access the network using VPN. Click here to learn more about VPN.
Registration begins on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 after 12:00 noon.
**IMPORTANT** After completing your registration, print your receipt and place it on your dashboard during the GIFT parking dates.
What you need to know!
- You may register only one vehicle.
- Your vehicle registration is only valid at the Parking Center (UPX) or the Biggy Parking Structure (HSP) for the duration of the above listed dates and times.
- Participants must park on the 5th level and above.
- Those desiring to park their vehicle earlier or later than the GIFT Parking dates must pay the daily parking rate of $8 (per day) at the Parking Center (UPX) or $10 (per day) at the HSC Lot 71. Passes may be purchased at the following locations.