USC has emergency response plans in place to address wide-ranging campus health concerns and to ensure the safety and well-being of the campus community. During a contagious disease outbreak, or pandemic, the university's emergency response teams will monitor the campus situation and work closely with the Los Angeles public health department, and make recommendations regarding possible changes to campus activities.
We strongly encourage all members of the university community to take standard precautions to limit the spread to others, such as:
- Avoiding contact with ill persons
- Cover your nose or mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Throw used tissues in the trash
- Do not share food, drinks, or utensils
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently, particularly after you sneeze, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
Although we cannot eliminate the spread of the flu or other contagious diseases, our collective efforts can significantly minimize itsreach and overall impact.