Bicycle registration is required for all faculty, staff, and students who ride or park a bicycle on the USC campus. By registering your bicycle, you will help DPS identify your bike if it is lost, stolen, recovered, or impounded. There is no cost for the registration. Please review the following guidelines before registering your bike:
- In order for the bicycle registration system to be effective, the information provided must be accurate.
Having the correct serial number is particularly important. Serial numbers are usually a combination of letters and numbers stamped on the bicycle's frame. Use the diagram to determine where your serial number is located.
- Be certain that the number that is recorded on this form is the serial number and not a brand name or model designation.
- After completing the registration process, you will receive an automated reciept by e-mail. Keep for your personal record.
- Print and take a copy of the receipt and go to the DPS office to pick up your registration decal. DPS is located at PSA on campus.
- After receiving your decal, place the decal, as seen on the photo to the right, on the frame of the bicycle. The decal must be visible.
For more information, please call DPS at (213) 740-5519.
Pictured to the right is a bicycle rear wheel and frame properly locked to a stationary bike rack. For additional protection, use a secondary lock to secure the front wheel to the bicycle frame. Registration decals (blue/green and white tag) are affixed to the bicycle frame in plain view.