The Clery Act regulations define a campus security authority as:
- A member of a campus police department or a campus security department of an institution.
- Any individual or individuals who have responsibility for campus security but who do not constitute a campus police department or a campus security department (e.g., an individual who is responsible for monitoring the entrance into institutional property).
- Any individual or organization specified in an institution’s statement of campus security policy as an individual or organization to which students and employees should report criminal offenses.
- An official of an institution who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities, including, but not limited to, student housing, student discipline and campus judicial proceedings.
- An official is defined as any person who has the authority and the duty to take action or respond to particular issues on behalf of the institution.
To access the CSA Training: click here [password is required]
To access the CSA Report Forms: click here [password is required]